HOW CAN YOUR PERFORMANCE BE IMPROVED?
A STRATEGY FOR ACTING ON THE CAUSES
1 THE CURRENT STRATEGY IS UNSUITABLE
2 ACTING ON THE CAUSES
IN CONTRAST, THE WATER EFFICIENCY STRATEGY PROPOSED BY AQUASSAY WILL FIRST AND FOREMOST ACT ON THE CAUSES RATHER THAN THE CONSEQUENCES.
This strategy for acting at the source amounts to:
- Identifying and measuring precisely, qualitatively and quantitatively, what every usage consumes and discharges.
- Identifying all the points for improvement and the risks.
- And then proposing plans of action to reduce these causes (reduction of quantitative and qualitative needs) and treat what cannot be avoided (which will therefore have an impact on the nature, the proportioning and hence the cost of investment of the treatment facilities and the latter’s operating costs).
This change of water management model requires:
- Water to be considered as a whole with an global, integrated and functional vision of the ‘water system’.
- Real-time monitoring of how the installations and operations perform with analysis of the long view.
The key technological challenge is no longer the treatment but rather the production and interpretation of data for a global, integrated and functional vision of the ‘water system’.
A move towards the connected plant
Digital evolution makes it possible to have a quantitative and qualitative change in the production, management and interpretation of data:
Roll out systems for the acquisition and transmission of data
Centralise the data and generate a global, integrated view of the flow and usage of the water
Use the data in real time (= reactivity & performance)
Analyse the long view (= optimisation)
Model the events and systems (= prediction et recommendation)
DIGITAL ISN’T A GADGET,
IT DOESN’T JUST MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO DO BETTER,
FIRST AND FOREMOST IT ENABLES THINGS TO BE DONE DIFFERENTLY
Storage capacity and computing power
INTERNET of THINGS
Extension of the Internet to things and places in the physical world
Advanced exploitation of mass data flow
(e.g. : machine learning)