RESTORE COMPLIANCE TO STANDARDS FOR END-TO-PIPE DISCHARGES
The plant has been warned that, due to a modification of actual standards, its phosphorus discharges are too important.
The first idea is then to invest in new equipments so the water treatment plant could respect treated water characterstics.
Before any decision, the client made AQUASSAY operate to identify the malfunction’s root-cause.
AQUASSAY operated on site to make a overall diagnosis and draw a water uses map :
– Listing chemicals on site, associated usages and quantities,
– Installing 4 continuous measurement points to understand the system’s kinetic,
– Mapping precisely phosphorus
AQUASSAY’s operation leads to :
1) Data creation, by installing sensors (especially in confined space),
2) An overall, integrated, dynamic vision of the plant’s water cycle,
3) A precise, quantitative, objective report.
Root cause has been identified : chemical product used for CIP.
Thanks to our industrial experience, we recommended 2 complementary and consistent actions :
– replacing the cleaning product (to decrease phosphorus loading)
– modifying the water treatment plant (to take observed kinetics into account)
By taking into account observed kinetics – CIP only on week-ends – the water treatment plant has been modified with the existing equipments.
Less than a year after our operation, phosphorus quantities came back to standards.